Mission

Mission: To respond thoughtfully and responsibly to my experiences of drinking and dining at restaurants with regard to the quality, service, preparation, presentation and overall experience received thereat. The standpoint is one who respects the crafts of the chef and sommelier and who seeks to understand their choices in the kitchen and cellar and grow in knowledge. In this, I will seek to be fair, reasoned, direct and constructive and aim to keep my ego in check on our mutual journeys through the worlds of food and wine.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

El Meson Bangsar 8 July 2011

Got email from El Meson in Bangsar today inviting me to a wine dinner for RM188. They pissed me off about a year ago by attempting to whack me with corkage when the wines they had in stock were pretty piss poor. We left before eating and haven't been back since. Guess they must be doing okay without my patronage. Shame, because they were doing an excellent suckling pig at the time, way better than the noisy plate smashing irritating El Cerdo. We haven't been there for years either, ever since he suggested we should get used to his pork knuckle without the crispy skin because it was healthier for us. Still sounds like nonsense. I presume he has equally gotten used to living without our patronage.

Had the El Meson wines on the menu been more attractive, I could have been tempted back. But it needs more than the thought of suckling pig to compensate for untested wine at that kind of price. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment