Mission

Mission: To respond thoughtfully and responsibly to my experiences of drinking and dining at restaurants with regard to the quality, service, preparation, presentation and overall experience received thereat. The standpoint is one who respects the crafts of the chef and sommelier and who seeks to understand their choices in the kitchen and cellar and grow in knowledge. In this, I will seek to be fair, reasoned, direct and constructive and aim to keep my ego in check on our mutual journeys through the worlds of food and wine.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Legend Hotel June 12 2011

Sunday 12th June 2011

Wedding dinner at Legend Hotel. Usual eight course. Salty four seasons, I pass on the shark fin, ordinary chicken with little taste, fish was okay. I miss the prawn, have a bit of the broccoli, and scarf down the rice. Still hungry, so go home and have a Carman's breakfast bar for supper. Time was I would have scarfed down the lot and had seconds. Now am picky about what gets eaten. Trying to be careful on the salt and sugar - hotel kitchens seem to overload their sauces with salt in their Chinese style cuisine.

Edna sings the couple's favourite song "When You Wish Upon A Star" and "The Wedding Song" and does her usual good job. I do my usual Wedding party piece "Yue Liang Tai Piao Wo Ti Shin". They respond so big that I mess up the words. Memo to self - don't get complacent about your songs.

Wine was a standard table - Henri de Laval or something - I have seen it being offered by a couple of wine distributors as a wedding wine, so I presume it is a value proposition. Bit jammy and sweet, not ideal, but okay to chug down and toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment